Labels

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Market Day/Another Superior Adventure

Good News: Every Wednesday there's a farmer's market on my campus.
Bad News: It only goes until the end of september.

I totally bought one of these. The lady selling them asked me why I was taking a picture of it and I told her it was because my last name is Romanesco (the original spelling of Romenesko.)


This lady was cool too, I bought some Swiss chard from her.





So I bought these potatoes from a guy who really really loves his potatoes. He showed me every potato he sells and the different features of each potato. I was happy buying my potatoes from a man who puts so much passion in his harvest. 

____________________________________________________________

So after running some errands I found myself near Lake Superior so I figured I would go swimming. Instead I went on a hiking adventure. So to get where I went I had to go to the end Minnesota Point and go around the airport where there is some forests.


Go figure...a ship.


I found this structure. I think it is the ruins of an old lighthouse.



Later I discovered this old shipping depot on the shore facing Wisconsin. The sign over the opening says "USCHS DEPOT"


Inside is incredible, there is all of this cool graffiti and street art that covers the walls.







At the end are some cement breakers which is an entrance to the Superior-Duluth Port. The cement thing in the foreground is Minnesota and the lighthouse in the background is Wisconsin.


Minnesota on your left, and Wisconsin on your right.


Yup, that's my bike.


As I was packing up this bus called "Road Trippin" drove by. It was filled with hippies. They all were waving at me, super happy, and probably high on something(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment