Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Goat Hill and Ore Dock Adventure.

Due to global warming it was 40+ degrees out, so I decided to take a break from hibernation. I went on a cool adventure. First I explored Goat Hill.



"Der"





Self portrait of me being AWESOME. The camera I was using (Nikon D60) only had a two second option for self timer, so this photo was actually really difficult to take. 


I found a weird concrete path and followed it a bit. I then found a tree with tons of shoes on it. 





Wood pecker doing its thing. 
_______________________________________________________

I had to go to Superior, WI to do something for a class. Then I was about to go back to Duluth when I remembered that I always wanted to explore this ore dock, but needed to wait for winter so I walk on the ice. 










It was well marked with "No Trespassing" signs, but I of course ignored the warning.


I would have climbed on top, but there were people watching me. Also that dangerous decision to do so is something for peer pressure to decide: too bad I was by myself. 


Pretty much inside is used as storage for broken yachts and random junk. 


This is a picture of a nearby ore dock that may or may not be still in use.





The St. Louis Bay is a city of ice shanties around this time of the year. If you look across the bay you can see a white building. You may remember that building from this post.






I ended my day at the shores of the Sea of Superior. 



No comments:

Post a Comment