Labels

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Like Sundays

I'm starting to really like Sundays. It's the only day of the week that I never have anything planned and can sleep in until whenever. Also it always seems to be the warmest day of the week, which means I get to go outside.


I like to start out my Sundays slow with homemade pancakes, fresh chaga tea, and some folk music. 


My friend Gwen has a band called Two Lions, and she had a gig that evening. So earlier in the day she did a live studio set on KUMD-Duluth Public Radio. But since her other bandmate lives in the cities, she did it herself. Since I don't have a radio, I had to live stream it. Over all it was pretty awkward, but awesome at the same time. There will be a recording on the KUMD website sometime soon. 


After the radio shindig Gwen and I went to Hartley Park to hike around to enjoy the warm weather. 


Gwen had her gig at Amazing Grace Cafe. Since she is "Two Lions" and there is only one of her, she made me join her band for the time being. I grabbed my accordion and got on stage. 


However I am not a professional, and we haven't even been able to do a solid practice session in weeks, so it wasn't the best. In fact there was only one song which I really felt the accordion accompaniment was working well. After awhile I just wasn't feeling it, so I quitted and took a few pics instead. Nonetheless I got a free sandwich out of the deal. 

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping there was more. You should do more of these more often.

    ReplyDelete