Labels

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Visit to the Valley

Over the river*, through the woods to the Fox Valley we go. You know its worth driving through three states for a single decent meal and a half of a week in the LC. The weekend was kinda sucky and awkward. The time spent there reminded both Hayley and I that we are both folk of the north.
*Fun Fact: I cross the Wisconsin River three times each way to and fro LC.


Got on the highway and left my beloved Duluth. 


But then I took that glorious Wisconsin exit. 


And crossed the Blatnik bridge to Wisco.


I picked up a hitch-hiker in Ashland...Some chick named Hayley Weyers. Several miles later I missed my exit and accidentally went to Michigan. The photo above shows my confused/road rage face. 


Oh and in Michigan they build their roads out of slush. 


Hayley's lost-in-Michigan face. 


This candid shot actually shows my real lost-in-Michigan face. 


In the end we probably lost maybe five minutes tops. 


We stopped in Minocqua to eat some lunch and do a little snoopin' around. 


We went to the Gaslight Square Antiques. The square was all decked out for Christmas. 

_________________________________________________________________________

In the end the drive was fun, but the weekend in the valley was not so much. Apart from Thankgiving, the only things I really did was climbed about the escarpment, bought some cheap doughnuts at Kwik Trip, and cruised the ave. 

Some interesting new stuff to mention about the LC:



The high school got a wind turbine. 


And there is considerable progress on the windmill. 

1 comment: