Labels

Monday, December 12, 2011

A Christmas Gift for my Dad

For Christmas I got my dad a gift card and thought, 'Wow, that's boring." My dad loves watching the ships in Duluth and he even watches them on a webcam. So I had the genius idea of building a model ore boat and having the ship's cargo be the gift card. I found some cardboard and built a ship.


Roomie: "Whatcha building?"
Me: "A ship"



It is in fact 100% cardboard.


The final product: S.S. Romenesko. I'm thinking about having a card that says something like "This ship was supposed to give you coal for Christmas, but I guess a gift card will do" or some pun about getting coal for Christmas. 

4 comments:

  1. Dad's going to think that is so neat! Nice job Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. You jerk, we were supposed to get dad Netflix for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!
    By the way...it's been a little while since I stopped back by my blog and I saw your comment. My camera is a Canon T2i. The salesman actually tried to sell me something else but I had spent a long time researching and I really wanted that one. (I don't like the flippy screen of the T3i which is the newer model and that's the only difference between the two aside from in camera effects which I REALLY don't need. So I got the T2i for an excellent price and I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you done with this blog? You haven't posted in forever.

    ReplyDelete