Labels

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Day at Lester Park

It was warm out, so I decided to go outside. I always hear about Lester Park, but I never actually got the chance to go there (since it's way out east and literally on the edge of town.) 


I drove on Skyline until I got to Hawk Ridge where I then had to walk because the road is closed for winter. 


You know it's spring when you see butterflies.


Lester Park consists of Amity Creek and the Lester River. It is also home to Seven Bridges Road. 





Amity Creek was growing a foam brain. This kid was almost two feet in diameter. 

I also did some videography also:


Like I said Amity Creek flows into the Lester River which I explored next. The Lester River is way cool because there are tons of waterfalls and many of them are of decent size. The river is called Basaabikaa-ziibi in Ojibwe which means "Rocky Canyon River"



This is a weird grotto/kiln thing I found in the woods. Anybody know what it is?

And more video!


1 comment:

  1. I've been here! Except I didn't really walk around much. Maybe when we come visit in the future.

    ReplyDelete